Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Click Fraud

Just received the below email from Nuffnang:

Dear Nuffnanger,

It has come to our attention that your account has been involved in click fraud.

After a thorough check from our system, we were able to find sufficient evidence of said click fraud activity. 
Among possible scenarios are;

- clicking on your own CPC ads repeatedly
- getting your visitors to click your CPC ads repeatedly

Do note that ads are only supposed to be clicked on if the visitor is interested to find out more about it. If the intention of a viewer to click on the ad is to generate income for the owner of the blog, that is against the policy of CPC ads and our Terms & Conditions which you have agreed to upon signing up with us.

As such, we're forced to remove all earnings generated from CPC campaigns from your account. Should the value of your cashout remain above SGD50 from earnings generated by mCPM campaigns, it will be processed and sent to you according to our payment policy. Should it not, it will be rejected and any remaining earnings from mCPM campaigns credited back to your account.

We strongly advise for you not to repeat this act or your blogs will be blacklisted and your account banned from our network.

Cheers,
The Nuffnang Team

Oops~ I seriously don't know that it is violating any policy or what. I guess I should have read the terms and conditions more carefully. Anyway, I don't think I or my visitors have been clicking on my CPC ads repeatedly. Only when there's a new ad. Anyway, please don't anyhow click on my ads now. Just click when you are really interested in the ad/product.

5 comments:

Mia Foo said...

omg, why like that? you click on your own ads? i never repeatedly click leh! i only click when it's a different ad.

elderflowertea said...

@MIa: I dont know what is considered repeatedly. I only click on different ads. Maybe my friends or other visitors? They dont know so just click wanting to help me. Haiz~ I dont know got this rule for Nuffnang. I thought they will just disregard the click if there's more than once.

elderflowertea said...

@Mia: I thought only Google adsense has this click fraud thing.

Diana said...

omg this actually sounds scary. so far i clicked the ads just once

elderflowertea said...

@Diana: Yeah =(