Monday, April 4, 2011

I just came back from Muar and Malacca today. Many things to update!! Haha~

Went there on 1 April, Fri. Waited quite long for my grandma and auntie at the Woodlands checkpoint. Wah.. The weather is really hot! I almost thought that they are not coming, going to fly our aeroplane or something (which I do know it's not possible but still.. while waiting, many things can pass through your/my mind). I think they should set up a cafe for people to sit down and drink something there while waiting. Haha~ Wonder if ICA will allow it? Or if there is any space for it?

Anyway, when they finally arrived, we took bus 160 to the JB custom and walked to City Square Mall to meet one of my uncles. Before he arrived, we have some time to shop and I bought the same pair of shoes which I have bought before.. only different colour. Hee~

My uncle drove us to his house in Muar. Halfway, we stopped by Yong Peng for dinner. Ah yoh~ Very hungry liao. My uncle drove so fast lor.. Scary. Reached his house at nearly 11pm. Tired.

The next day, we went to Malacca in the morning to visit one of my relatives who just had a knee operation at Pantai hospital in Melaka (I think that's the name of the hospital). The hospital looks very much like the one in Singapore. The doctors, nurses and facilities seem not bad compared to Singapore. I like the nurses' uniform. Too bad, I didn't take a photo coz I'm not sure if can take photos in the hospital. Never thought of also. Now, we have to drink more milk and eat food high in calcium. If not, next time we are old, our knees and joints will not be so good. Especially for women.

After the hospital visit, my uncle drove us around Melaka. Didn't really take much photos. Next, we went somewhere crowded for dinner (I really forgot the name of the place as I was really too hungry to take note, didn't have lunch lor). I just know that they will seal the road at 6pm so that cars cannot drive in and that the place will turn into a mini night market. Saw some tourists there.

Bought some souvenirs and a pair of slippers there. Very cheap lor, only RM10. It's a cute dinosaur beach slipper. Can wear to Sentosa. Hee~ Didn't not get to shop much as one of my relatives brought 3 kids and they were all very tired and rowdy =.= Oh yeah, one of the kids is really cute lor. Chubby chubby and so cute and pretty when she smiles. Like to buy things for her.

Before going back, we went to Tan Khim Hock to buy some local products and food back. Saw the owner, Mr Tan Khim Hock there. He treated us drinks (very generous lor, told us to just open and drink) and I even took a photo with him! (Will upload soon.) At first, I thought who is this old man? Said that will treat us drinks and told us to just open and drink. No need to pay one lor. Later, my uncle told me that he's the boss, the founder of the place. Wah.. Win liao!

Went back to my uncle's house to rest for awhile. After resting, we went out to this mini night market which sells mostly Malay things. Nothing much for me to buy, just bought some earrings. After that, we went to have Zi Char for supper near my uncle's house. Yum yum =) Then home sweet home (ok lah, not my home but... hee~) Took a bath before sleeping. The weather is really HOT lor. I think hotter than Singapore.

On Sunday, 3 April, I played mahjong with my relatives while waiting for my uncle to bring us to Pantai Hospital to visit my relative again. Am glad that she's feeling better and looking quite energetic. Also can eat some food liao. She can be discharged in a few days =)

After visiting, my uncle drove us to this big new shopping mall in Melaka to shop. Saw Popular bookstore there. Haha! But didn't go in lah. Not much time to shop also as my auntie called halfway and said that the car we booked to drive us back to Singapore is here. Wah lau.. Say come then come lor. Told us 3-4pm then come. So no choice lor, didn't shop liao. My uncle quickly drove us back to his house in Maur where the car is waiting. Actually, that kan cheong guy didn't wait for us, he told another friend/driver to come. He said that he doesn't want to wait as there was a jam returning to Singapore. Wah.. Really attitude lor. It's not really cheap lor. RM260 for 4 people. Also around SGD$100 plus.

There was no jam at all returning to Singapore. The driver drove really fast. At about 150-160km/h. I wanted to sleep but I was really scared lor. Drive so fast.. So scary lah. I got a headache liao. Wanted to ask him to slow down but he's in a rush. But one good thing, we reached Singapore very fast. At around 6pm. Only take 3 hours. The driver also shared with us some stories about some ridiculous and unreasonable customers. Said that he has been in the line for over 10 years and have seen all kinds of people. What he said seem kinda true also. Sometimes, if you try to be difficult, you don't feel good also. Why not be more chin cai and learn to tolerate other people/things better? If you can be more chin cai, you will also feel good. No need to be so unhappy all the time. Haha~ I gotta learn from him lor. Smile smile, happy happy all the time. He seems so cheerful. Hope that I can do it. Hee~

Well, that marks the end of my Maur/Melaka trip. Maybe will go back again in September to attend a relative's wedding. See how first. Should be able to take leave for my new job by then.

Very tired already.. Still got work tomorrow (or rather, later today). Nights everyone. It has been an enjoyable and tiring trip. Really got to thank my uncle for driving us around. He's really nice and not calculative.

No comments: