Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Private Driving Instructor - Liew Yew Seng

Hi there. Quite a number of people have been asking me about my driving instructor so I have decided to create this post so that I can refer them to read here rather than to keep repeating myself.

Name: Liew Yew Seng (Mr)
Contact: 97372607
Rates: $45 for peak hours, $42 for non-peak hours. Additional $23 for using the circuit at SSDC for peak hours and $19 for non-peak hours. There is a one-time registration fee of $50, payable during the first lesson.
TP test: $197 for car rental and warm-up. You have to book for the TP test date at SSDC yourself or you can book through SSDC website.

He only teaches AUTO at SSDC. So please don't ask me about manual or other driving schools. I have no recommendation for that. Sorry.

I got my license within 3 months under him, passed during the first time with 8 demerit points. He is a quiet guy, doesn't talk much but will still teach you the necessary and correct you if needed. Think he's better in Chinese. He has started my lessons on time and ended it on time. Didn't 迟到早退. I have heard lots of complaints about how private driving instructors are unwilling to book circuit lessons for the students. I have gone for 9 circuit lessons (kiasu mah) and he didn't complain or reject helping me book.

Anyway, feel free to comment if you have any questions and I'll see if I can answer. If I can't then you can just give him a call!


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

He use what car?

elderflowertea said...

@Anon: Toyota. I think is vios.

Zzz said...

Hi, elderflowertea, i hv just called Mr Liew, he sounds like a nice uncle. did u pass ur FTT before u take lesson under mr liew or during the practical course? thanks

elderflowertea said...

@Zzz: Hi there. I called Mr Liew after I booked my final theory test. After that, I took some practical lessons before going for the final theory test. He is a quiet guy but quite detailed in his teaching =)

Zzz said...

Hi, elderflowertea,how often do you go for his class so that you can pass in 3 mths time. Is it need to attend at least 20 lessons? thank you

elderflowertea said...

@Zzz: I took out my card to see. I have taken 21 lessons in total - 12 non-circuit and 9 circuit lessons. I go for lessons about twice a week. I took half-day leaves one week before my practical test to go for lessons 3 times a week.

Zzz said...

that is really fast, u muz b a fast learner :)

elderflowertea said...

@Zzz: No lah. U also can do it! =)

{ ~` Nur Abqariyyah *~ } said...

sadly i'm under CDC as a private candidate :(

elderflowertea said...

@Nur: Ok, how's your instructor?

Unknown said...

The rates are per hour basis? How much did you spend in total learning from Mr Liew?

Unknown said...

The rates are on an hourly basis? How much did u spend on driving lessons in total?

elderflowertea said...

@Siew Ying: The rates are per 1.5 hours. I can't remember how much. I think around 1k plus a little?

Anonymous said...

hi,
do you know whether does he teach refresher course?

Thanks.

elderflowertea said...

@Anon: Hi, I'm not so sure. Perhaps you can give him a call to find out?

David from pdireviews.com said...

Hey elderflowertea thanks for sharing! Would you mind if I post your review on pdireviews.com? It is a review site I am creating on private driving instructors in Singapore, hope it help others find a good one and avoid the bad ones.

Thanks!

Adrian said...

I pass my driving test the 1st try. My private driving instructor is Mr Lim who teach auto at admiralty. He is from privatedrivinginstructorsingapore.com

Anonymous said...

I also pass my test at first try. Thanks to driving school Sydney for helping me.

Anonymous said...

Hi im non mandarin speaking do u think it’s fine if i have him as my instructor? :)